Use the free training log on this site to plan and keep track of your workouts.

Friday, January 22, 2010

POOL CLOSED

Thursday 1-21-2009


Triathlon is the only thing that will get me out of the warm, cozy bed at 4:30 in the morning. My routine? Set everything up the night before so there is no time to second guess. Within five minutes, I'm driving down the road before I can convince myself to sleep in. Thick gloves and a hat fall short of mimicking the comfort of the warm bed. Usually, though, all of this is negated with a few hundred yard warm up - the solice of the water.

Today, however, a large sign hung on the door of the pool: POOL CLOSED! Do I go back to the car and sleep till I go to work? I had one hour till I needed to drive to work to be on time.

 
Luckily, intuition had me grab sneakers, shorts, and t-shirt while I ran out the door juggling my briefcase, breakfast, lunch, swim bag, running gear, and a thermos full of tea.

Sometimes, when a "Pool Closed" sign hangs in the way, you just have to go with the flow.

Improv AM Workout:

Treadmill Run: 5.5 miles at 8min pace (roughly 145-150 HR) working on form (ChiRunning focus and technique)

 
PM Workout:

45 min swim
  • 200 warm up
  • 200yd x 10 @ 3:20
  • 100 backstroke
  • 200 tech
  • TOTAL: 2500 yds

Wednesday started off at 4:30 in the morning with a 1.5 hour spin on the trainer. Good thing the new BBC series, Robin Hood, is really good, because the time flew by.

 
Warm Up:

 5 minutes under 130 HR

 
Main Set:

 20 min @150 HR w/ light spin (cadence at 105) till HR goes down to 120

 

No comments:

Post a Comment